The Knysna Tipple Tour
Enjoy some of the hidden bounty of the local wine, beer and gin crafters on this unique tour.
First we will visit a small owner run winery, Packwood. Here we will enjoy a taste of country living and start your outing with Eggs Benedict, farm fresh organic eggs and lashing of hollandaise sauce or the Lunch Box platter of delicious handcrafted farmhouse cheese, freshly baked bread, homegrown preserves and a splash of salad from our hydroponics which is 100% sustainable. This will be paired with a Packwood MCC bottle of bubbly, all served in a very relaxing environment with beautiful views.
Our next stop will be at the Red Bridge Brewing Co where we will meet the brew master and he will share the history of the brewing co, along with the methods he uses to produce the local craft beer. We will also enjoy a sample tray of his top current brews.
The final visit on The Knysna Tipple Tour is the modern craft gin distillery of Knysna Gin. You will me Rion, co owner and master distiller as he does a short gin tasting and information session. We round
Monday to Friday only.
This will be season dependent but normally 10h00 (TBC)
Duration: 3 to 4 hours
Minimum of 2 guests required running a trip, maximum 4.
R 1250.00 per person for 2 adults
R 995.00 per person for 3 – 4 adults
For groups of up to 4 persons, we collect you from your guesthouse/hotel at the pre-arranged time and travel in our tour vehicle to the Vineyard. After this, we visit the Red Bridge brewery for a taste of the local craft beers and end of the outing with a Gin tasting at the Knysna Gin.
R 900.00 per person for 5-10 adults (Subject to an additional R1800.00 shuttle fee for the group)
What do you need to bring on The Knysna Tipple Tour:
- Comfortable walking shoes and warm jacket (Weather dependent)
- Your camera and charged batteries.
What we supply:
- Professional and knowledgeable guiding service
- Reliable transport as listed above
- Bottled water
- Opportunity to purchase any wines, beers or gin directly from each of our stops
- Platter for every 2 persons or Eggs Benedicteach (one or the other)
- A bottle of Packwood MCC bubbly
- Wine tasting of seasonal wines available. This will be presented by the wine maker
- Coffee or Tea
Red Bridge Brewing CO
- Sample tray of 3 locally brewed ales and beers
- Gin tasting and history of the distillery
- One signature cocktail from the days menu
- Any meals, drinks etc not listed in the program
- Alternative meal options at Packwood
- All gratuities at each of the venues
- Items of a personal nature
Let us hear from you and book your Knysna Experience